Dear Valued Patients of Fort Wayne Dermatology Consultants Inc.
We value your health and welfare and are sending this out to all of our patients during this influenza season. We work closely with the Allen County Board of Health and follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Indiana Department of Health guidelines in taking the appropriate precautions to prevent the spread of all infections including the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please call ahead (260) 436-8000 if you are experiencing a fever of 100.4 or above or any combination of the below symptoms the day of your appointment or the day prior to your appointment:
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
Your appointment may be postponed or rescheduled to keep staff and other patients healthy.
Know that Staff here at Fort Wayne Dermatology is diligently working to keep our health care clinics/offices germ free! Here is what everyone is doing (and we hope you are doing as well!)
- Washing our hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding touching our eyes, nose, mouth or face with unwashed hands
- Avoiding contact with sick people
- Staying home if we are sick
- Covering our cough and sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue away immediately and washing our hands. If a tissue in unavailable, using the elbow of our arm and wash or sanitizing our hands immediately
- Cleaning and disinfecting areas frequently touched and surfaces frequently
If you are taking any of the following medications:
Tremfya Otezla Stelara
Humira Taltz Ilumya
Cosentyz Dupixent Enbrel
You are not considered immunocompromised. Your risk of infection may be higher than that of the general public. If you experience any of the above symptoms, please contact us and your primary care provider. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to us at 260-436-8000.
If you are taking methotrexate, Imuran, Cellcept, cyclosporine or prednisone you are likely immunocompromised and should take extra precautions.
In addition to the above, here are some additional restrictions that we are following:
- If you have a fever, cough or feel sick, please cancel your appointment and notify your primary care provider.
- If you have traveled to a high-risk area or have been in contact with a known Covid-19 infected person, you should cancel your appointment and contact your primary care provider.
- We recommend that patients keep their appointments for skin cancer surgery; open sores; rashes that are symptomatic, spreading, or infected; or medicines that are being monitored such as Accutane (isotretinoin), biologics, cyclosporine, Cellcept (mycophenolate) and methotrexate. These medical problems will worsen if left untreated. The hospitals do not want you in the emergency room for these dermatologic conditions.
- If possible, do not bring other guests to your appointment. Please have them wait in a car in the parking lot.
- We will ask that you clean your hands in the waiting room.
- Sign in will be verbal. Please bring your own pen for paperwork.
- The waiting room will have no magazines.
- There will be hand sanitizer and ample anti-bacterial soap for washing hands.
- We will continue to follow Universal Precautions. All surfaces will be cleaned between patients. Our providers wear N95 masks to help protect our patients and themselves from virus transmission.
- At check out, we can call you to set up the next appointment so there is no wait.
- We will space the chairs in all rooms to minimize contact.
The physicians, providers and staff of Fort Wayne Dermatology Consultants, Inc.